Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Cleaning Crew

Once Winter break ended, we've had multiple two hour delays and school closings because of the snow (or lack thereof depending on how you view it).  Too many in fact. The one day we should've had off, the county didn't close.  School started on time for those that could make it.  Since that Tuesday fiasco, Fairfax County has been overly cautious and is closing or delaying school at the drop of a hat ever since. 

The kids and I are making good use of all these bonus hours and being super productive.  While I would never turn down the opportunity to have a professional house cleaner, it just isn't in our budget to have one.  The house gets clean (however sporadically) by Jeff, the kids and me.  It really is a team effort. 

This past Wednesday, upon finding out that school was closed for the day, we took a few hours in the morning to get the house clean.  We divided and conquered.  Sam vacuumed!  I love that my kids jump in to help and are quick to lend a hand.  I especially love that I am raising kids who know how to do things.  Ian and Sam can appreciate that the house doesn't clean itself and knows what's involved in upkeep. 

Sure, having a cleaning service would be awesome.  But there comes some pride in knowing I am raising kids who can also take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment