Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A particularly lovely Saturday

This past Saturday ended up being a fantastic day!!  From start to finish, it had all the elements on how I like a weekend day to play out. 

Saturdays mark the end of another week in the training program I am doing to get back to running a 5k.  I took my run/walk outdoors and got it done early in the morning.  By 9:15am, I picked up my friend Jen and we hiked the Billy Goat Trail.  Oh what fun!  It's such great exercise and climbing over the rocks (without falling) is always a good challenge for me.  On the way back, we stopped at Panera Bread for lunch.  Yum!

Meanwhile, Jeff did our weekly grocery shopping at Wegman's.   After the groceries were put away, he and the kids cleaned the house.  Woo-hoo!!

I made it home in time to take a quick shower and load up the car with the family.  We went to a 3:25pm showing of "Zootopia".  Finally, a movie was playing that Sam wanted to see.  This is rare!  Afterwards, we had reservations for dinner at Wildfire at 6:15pm.  This is one of my favorite restaurants.  The whole family loves it.  We don't go often, but when we do, it is guaranteed to be delicious!  We even followed dinner with a walk around Tyson's Galleria.

In my opinion this is the perfect day!  It involved lots of fresh air, wonderful exercise, great food and a good mix of time spent with a friend and time spent with the family.  I love it when this combination of events happen.   And the movie wasn't bad either.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment