Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My little stinker!


Even with Samantha at Sleep away camp 500 miles away, she has found a way to mess with me.   Yes, really.  While our communication is all one-sided with me emailing her and sending her packages, Samantha took what little she could and turned it into a moment to drive me crazy.

Due to our inability to find rain boots prior to finalizing packing Sam for camp, I Amazon Primed them to her to arrive the day after she did.  In each email I sent (on a daily basis, thank you very much), I'd mention how I hoped the rain boots fit; did the rain boots fit?   I even asked her to give me a thumbs up in one of the pictures she took as a sign to let me know all was well with the rain boots.  I gave myself an extra big pat on the back for thinking up this idea as a way for her to communicate back with me. 

My friend Susanne sees her one day and asks her about the rain boots.  Sam starts giggling and says she finds it funny that I keep asking her about them.  Yes, the rain boots fit fine, but she won't let me know that because it is too funny how I keep asking. 

THIS is what I am talking about....even with us being apart for 12 days, she managed to use what little spark she had and turn it into a flame.  I am both impressed with her ingenuity and frustrated by it too.   Got to give the girl credit; it is hard to be worried about her when she totally knows what she is doing. 

After studying in great detail every single picture I could find of her posted on the camp website, I have come to the following conclusions: 
1. She looks very happy. 
2. She looks at peace. 
3. It looks like she has made a few friends as some of the same girls keep showing up in different photos with her.
4. Someone must be doing her hair and having fun putting cute braids in it. 
5. Samantha truly looks like this is where she is meant to be. 

As much as I miss her dearly, I have this feeling of satisfaction that this camp is doing wonders for her confidence and self-esteem.  If I am reading these photos correctly, Samantha is flourishing. It is a beautiful thing to witness.


No comments:

Post a Comment