Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

It's all about the Apple Cinnamon Bread!

Chances are if you saw me during the week of October 17th, I gave you a loaf of Apple Cinnamon Bread.  We had lots of apples and I was eager to use them.  Ian and Sam always want me to make something yummy when we get home from strawberry picking, apple picking, any kind of fruit picking. 

I made an apple cinnamon bread and the family devoured it.  The loaf didn't last more than that first day.  The kids really wanted me to make another loaf so I did.  And then I made another, and another, another, and another and another.  11 loaves in total!  I made all 11 in 48 hours.  I was a baking machine!  I made a loaf for the preschool staff I work with, I made a loaf for my in-laws, a loaf for each of the 4 friends I went out to dinner with that week, a loaf for an upcoming girl's weekend, a loaf for each of two neighbors, and another two loaves for the family to eat.  I started to going to sleep at night thinking about baking and who else could I make a loaf for.  It was crazy and totally demonstrated how easily I can become obsessed with something and let it get out of control.  

What's left of the last loaf that I was able to take a picture of.


It feels good to be able to do something like this for the people I love.  I felt a little like Oprah when she was giving away the cars;  'You get a cinnamon apple bread, and you get a cinnamon apple bread and you get a....'  Stick a fork in me, I am done making Apple Cinnamon Bread for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment