Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

In a nutshell.

What does it mean to be a mother?  I can tell you in one quick story!  It's a classic example of what it means to put someone ahead of you.  Even if that person is not grateful and doesn't appreciate what your doing for them. But you love them so much, so unconditionally, and even though they don't take your words of wisdom, you still want what's best for them.  Yes siree, that's it!

One very chilly morning recently the kids and I were putting on our coats for the walk to school. 

I said to Sam, "It might be a good idea to put on gloves.  It's very cold out."

Sam: "No, I don't want to.  My hands are fine.  I can put my hands in my pockets."

Me: "Ok, it's up to you.  But I'm telling you, its very cold out. You can always just put a pair of gloves in your pockets in case you want them later."

Sam: "No!"

As we make our way to the school, Sam takes a look at the gloves on my hands and asks to try them on.  Sure, you can try them on.  Um, hello!  I knew her hands would be cold! 

Next thing you know, Sam is now wearing my gloves and has no plans to give them back.  Of course I am going to let Sam take my gloves.  I mean, how could I wear them and know that her hands were cold??

My big mistake was not bringing a back-up pair FOR ME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment