Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A magical mother's day

This Mother's Day was pretty amazing.  Jeff made me a breakfast that blew me away.  He made cinnamon roll pancakes and OMG!, they were out this world. I took a bite and looked at him and said, I’ve known you for 16 years and you’ve been capable of making this, this whole time!?!  I can’t believe you’ve been holding out on me. I was in food heaven and clearly proclaimed these pancakes are better than the ones we get at Miss Shirley’s and Uncle Bill’s; two restaurants that for me has set the bar very high for gluten-free pancakes. But yes, these pancakes were better than those.



I’ve been trying to follow the WW plan and put the ingredients in the app after I ate them. 47 points are what I consumed.  To put this in context, I get 23 points a day.  Yikes!   I will say, they were worth every point and I have no regrets.  While the kids were at religious school, I hopped on the treadmill and walked 6.5 miles, burning 650 calories.  Definitely made me feel better after doing what I could to counter that delicious ridiculousness of a point heavy breakfast.

The kids this year put a lot of thought into the gifts they got me.  Ian got me a selection of the softest, fluffiest socks.  It’s like wrapping my feet in little cocoons of pillows.

Samantha went all out and got me 2 hats. She picked out and paid for with her own money. Think very big and fancy.  You know those crazy beautiful hats that they showed the women wearing at Kate Middleton’s wedding.  Yep, we are talking that style.  Jeff tried to talk her down from it and said mom will only be able to wear it once or twice a year.  Say what?!!?   I am bewildered where Jeff thinks I go and can wear this hat even ONCE!, let alone once or twice a year!!  Are you up for the Kentucky Derby next year?   I am ready!!  It was very sweet of her to do this.  And I am going to do my best to come up with a reason to wear it.  Do you know of any fancy garden weddings I can crash?


This is the other hat and one that fortunately is appropriate for the beach. 

Sam also made her own card and reading it brought tears to my eyes.

We ended the day meeting Jeff’s parents and sister and her family at a restaurant for dinner.  It’s always nice when we can get together.  And we were able to not only celebrate Mother’s Day, but Elaine’s birthday too, which was the day before.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and two kids.  The thought, effort and time that went into making my mother’s day special were lovely and very touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment