Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Follow-up to starting a blog and Boogers!

I was pleasantly surprised at how well-received my first blog entry was. Thanks to everyone for suggestions, support and sympathy for what we all are going through, each in our own ways. No matter how green the grass looks on the other side, it is just as dry and in desperate need of water too!

A big shout out to everyone who told me that Blogs should be a lot shorter! Yes, I hear you loud and clear. I just had a lot I needed to get off my chest and boy, do I feel better. Don't worry, I'll keep my future entries short and sweet (or as much as that is possible coming from me!).

I do have to mention my dad's comments on what I wrote take the cake for being the funniest. He said he'd like Richard Gere to play him in the movie should my blogging ever make me that famous. Ha! And, people think I get carried away. Now you know half of where that comes from.

Here is something I hope puts a smile on your face:

A great friend once shared with me the key to success in being able to cut their son's finger nails and toe nails....do it while they are sleeping. We used to live in fear of breaking one of Ian's limbs trying to keep it still. We'd schedule the nail cutting-wrestling-screaming match after we were sure he had enough time to digest whatever he had eaten for the certain result of him making himself throw-up. It was a disaster on gigantic proportions. Ever since I've been given this tip, Jeff and I go into Ian's room every few weeks or so and go to town getting the job done. We've had peace and quiet cutting Ian's nails now for approx. 1.5 years. It has been fabulous!

We'll last night the nail cutting team did their job and Ian was none the wiser. This morning, Ian was watching his favorite channel (not just one show mind you, but the whole entire line-up) and I was getting some laundry started. He looked down at his nails and held out his hand for me to see. He said, "Mommy, you didn't do a good job. I can't pick the boogers out of my nose now."

heheheheheeh. I think we just hit on another benefit of keeping Ian's nails short. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment