Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fever for four days

I know some people who think I can't go with the flow.  However, let me tell you, I went with the flow.  For 4 days! Almost 2 months to the day, Samantha picked up another virus and along with it, came a fever of 101.  I got the call from her school at 11:00am on Tuesday morning that I needed to collect her.  Samantha never made it back to school that week.

Her teacher said she was the 3rd one at her table to get sick.   Knowing Sam the way I do, I can picture her seeing the kids at her table dropping like flies, getting a vacation from school and licking their seats and table space to catch this bug too.  Well if that's what she did, it worked.  Sam couldn't kick this fever of varying temps of 100 to 101 for all 4 days.  We were stuck at home.  It was not fun.  It made for a long week.  A very long week.

By Friday,  I was going stir crazy. I had a whole day of appointments and errands I needed to do and couldn't handle staying indoors another day.  My ability to go with the flow had an expiration date.  I gave Sam her morning does of Tylenol and off we went.  From 9:00am to 2:30pm, we must've stopped at 8 different places (drs appts, target, dry cleaner, lunch, etc.).  Samantha was a trooper the whole day.  We had a really nice day together.  By the time we got back home, any medicine I had given her had worn off and she no longer had a fever.  Yay!  Three cheers for her fever finally breaking. 

It was a crazy week. I am glad it is over. And now back to our regular scheduled programming.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment