Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

So close to the big number.

BIG NEWS!  I've just hit 190,000 miles on my car.  At this point I am even impressing myself with the kind of numbers I'm seeing. My plan to see it turn 200,000 is looking more like a reality every day.




It took a full year to get this last 10,000 miles completed.   With my tires and brakes only a year old, there is no reason why I can't make it another year.  The biggest problem at the moment is that I am burning oil at a rapid rate.  I make sure to check my oil every 2 months or so. And it usually requires 3 quarts when I do get it checked.  There isn't an oil leak because that issue had been taken care of about 4 months ago.  Other than that, the car is humming along nicely.  I am still very fond of it.  Don't get me wrong, I've got my eye a new car. It would certainly be nice to drive something using all this new technology they've invented (back-up camera, bluetooth enabled, USB ports, multiple charging ports, 3rd row of seats, etc).  I don't lack a list of features that are being included in even the base models of cars these days.  But it is not time yet to say good-bye. 

Fortunately, 13 years ago, I made a wise decision in what I purchased and am not tired of my CR-V yet.   The car has certainly been good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment