Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

My man, the plumber (no, really!)

A few months back we had a problem with our downstairs toilet.  We called a plumber and the next thing you know, the $14 replacement part turned into getting a new toilet installed.  It was a bit of disaster, but one thing had led to another and once the lid that goes on top of the toilet shattered, it made more sense to buy a whole new toilet.

Lo and behold the other day, the same exact problem occurred in the kid's bathroom.  As soon as I saw the water overflowing out of the tank, I knew what was happening.  Jeff said he could fix it.  We both commented in unison how we can't let the lid break.  Within one hour, the toilet was fixed!  It cost $8 for the part.  I am so excited.  

Who would have ever thought this was possible?  For 2 days I kept the bucket under the tank just to make sure it was 100% fixed and no longer overflowing.  Yep, we were good to go.  Woo-hoo!   I think even Jeff was surprised by the outcome.  And it was accomplished without the plumber's crack.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment