Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Summer adventures 2015 continues

A week ago, Ian and I did something that I hadn't been able to do since before having children.  We went to a double feature at the movies.  Seeing 2 movies back-to-back is something I used to love to do.  In my opinion, it's a great way to spend a Saturday or a Sunday.  

There were two movies Ian had been looking forward to seeing and both happened to be playing at the same theatre.  It was Jeff's idea that I take Ian and go enjoy the day doing what I love.  Ian got a kick out of the idea and was totally up for it.  I asked Jeff if him and Sam wanted to join us for either one or both films, but these weren't the kind of movies Sam would want to see.

We started with "Max" at 10:00am and then went right into "Ant-Man" at 12:30pm.  In between, we walked quickly to a nearby Panera Bread and picked up a grilled cheese sandwich to go for Ian for lunch.  We munched on popcorn until we couldn't take one more kernel.  It was devine!

Each movie was very different from the other and both were awesome.  I loved "Max"!  But then again, it wouldn't be hard to not like any movie that makes a German Shepherd it's star.    And Paul Rudd as "Ant-Man" was a great casting choice.  He is a very likable actor and someone you feel like you could be friends with.

Ian and I had a great time on our movie date.  What fun!   Ian is now enjoying a few days in Connecticut without us.  My cousin Leslie invited Ian to come spend time with his cousin Max, who is 6 weeks younger than Ian.  Her two kids (same age boys and same age girls) are like two peas in a pod.  We pick Ian up tomorrow morning.  I can't wait to hear how his visit was.

No comments:

Post a Comment