Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Back to school!

So I am a little freaked out right now.  The kids have returned to school as of yesterday and Ian is in the 6th grade!  OMG!!!  When did that happen?   How is it possible that I am the mom to a 6th grader?

Seriously, I've kept 2 kids alive now (and hopefully thriving) for over 11 years.  It's crazy to think that Ian is in his last year of elementary school.  I am getting choked up just thinking about this being his final year at Fairview.  His elementary school is like a second home to him.  There are so many funny, crazy, angst-ridden memories of Ian from kindergarten all the way up to this year.

And Samantha is going into 3rd grade!   Yowzer!  The saying, "The days are long, but the years are fast." could not be truer.

Without further ado, here is our Fall schedule:

Kids are in school:  Monday thru Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Monday:   Free!
Tuesday: Both kids in religious school from 4:45pm to 6:30pm
Wednesday:  Ian doing Cross Country from 6:00pm to 7:15pm
Thursday:  Free!
Friday:  Free!
Saturday: Ian in a drama program from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Sam horseback riding at 2:00pm.
Sunday:  Ian doing Cross Country from 8:00am to 9:15am.  Both kids religious school from 9:00am to 12:00pm.  Yes, I realize there is a bit of an overlap.  :)

I am also hoping Sam will let me sign her up for "Girls on the run", a before school program offered at her school.  This is the first year she is eligible and I think she would do really well in it. 

Not too bad considering what other families I know plan for their kids.  Let the craziness of school, homework and activities begin!

First day of 3rd grade!

First day of 6th grade!


After I've said good-bye at the door to the school, I give it a few minutes and then sneak in to the school for one last 'at your desk photo'.   Ha!  I love doing this.  The kids of course, know to expect me.  :)
That's Sam's teacher in the photo with her. 


Best quote ever from Sam when I went to collect the kids from school after their first day:  "I think I'm going to like 3rd grade!"   Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!   It's going to be a GREAT year!

No comments:

Post a Comment