Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Samantha at her best.

While Ian was away for the weekend, we had the rare opportunity to have some quality time with Samantha...just Samantha.  I researched different children's activities Sam would be interested in doing and found an awesome play I knew she would enjoy.  "Ella Enchanted" was playing at the Glen Echo Theatre.  I love seeing live performances especially when they are done well.  Make it a musical and it really makes me happy.  Since the play didn't have to appeal to Ian, I figured this was a no-brainer and bought tickets for the 4 of us.  Yes, that's right...4 tickets! 

The key to making our outing a success is for Samantha to have a friend with her.  When Samantha has a buddy she becomes the most best behaved girl ever.  It is a guarantee that Sam will be cooperative, pleasant to be around, and happy.  If there is one word to describe Sam with a friend, it's 'delightful'.   I absolutely love being around my daughter when she is like this.  It's the best thing ever and I really enjoy her company.   She doesn't whine, she doesn't demand anything, she doesn't yell.  She gets dressed easily.  She acts her age.  I'm not walking on egg shells waiting for her to explode.  It is amazing!

Fortunately Sam has a few really great buddies who are usually available and up for anything.  Jeff and I always say, "having one more is like having 2 less."

The play was great!  Both girls really enjoyed it.  Afterwards, we went to lunch in Bethesda and our time together just kept getting better and better.  It is truly amazing how great Sam can be.  I ♥︎ Samantha!


No comments:

Post a Comment