Pages

Friday, July 6, 2018

My night with Barry!

There are few musicians who can put on a concert and I would know every song they perform.  Billy Joel, Barbara Streisand, and P!nk come to mind, along with Barry Manilow.  My mom is a big Barry fan and I grew up listening to his music.  After all, he writes the songs the whole world sings.  ;)

Barry Manilow came to town several weeks ago and I had the amazing opportunity to see him perform from Row A.  That's the first row!!  OMG!  And even though Barry is 75 years old, he can still belt out the notes and put on a fantastic show.  It was a great concert!  And having these amazing seats made it a crazy-awesome evening!

Barry did this really neat thing where he had video projected of him playing "Mandy" from the 1970's and then he joined in and did a duet with his younger self singing and playing the piano.

Scroll down for some video from the concert.  :)






"I write the songs" :

"Copacabana" :


"I made it through the rain" :



 What a nice way to spend a Friday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment