Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sam's new thing

I recently bought a case of gum from Costco. 

This is the conversation that took place in the car:

Sam (seeing the gum in the car):  Can I have some gum?
Me:  You know how to chew gum?
Sam:  Sure.
Me:  When was the last time you had gum (I had never given her piece a before).
Sam:  It's been a long time.
Me:  You like gum?
Sam:  I LOVE gum.
Me:   Ok.  Here you go.  Just remember, you don't swallow it,  You only chew it.
Sam:  I KNOW!!

Now every time we are in the car, Sam asks for a piece of a gum.  I still can't get over the images of seeing her chew it.  It somehow ages her and matures Sam beyond her years.  She has gone from being my little 3 year-old girl who still needs me for some many things to a Big Girl who can now chew gum.  It is wild!

When Sam was 1.5 years old, I gave up drinking soda because Sam was developing a taste for diet coke and would always reach for my glass when we were at restaurants.  Ian never once wanted to drink soda or chew gum.   Just goes to show you how different these kids are.   At 6 1/2 years, Ian has never had any gum or soda and Sam now has about 2 packs of gum under her belt.  She is definitely one that you need to watch.  Very closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment