Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Summer 2012

We have less than 2 months to go and school will be out for the summer. Actually, due to the lack of snow days this current school year, FCPS voted to get out 2 days early. I am actually ok with this and very much looking forward to the summer with the kids. We have some fun plans in the works.

I hope I've achieved a good mix of camps, quality time with the grandparents, some day trips, a few weeks away in FL and a trip or two to the beach. Plus, a good amount of down time with nothing at all scheduled, but hanging out at the pool or hitting the local movie theatre and bowling alley.

The kids are on board with all the plans, but the highlight for me this summer will be when I tell them we are making a return trip to Great Wolf Lodge. Jeff and I are keeping this a surprise and we will let them know the night before, when we are eating dinner. Oh, what fun it will be to spring this on them! We are meeting up with some friends and it should be a good trip. Sam is one year older now and will be able to do more at the waterpark. Plus, the outdoor area should be open for us to play and swim in.

I am very optimistic about the summer. As the kids gets older, each year it becomes more fun to plan things for us to do. Let's see how long I make it before I am counting down to when school starts again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment