Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Nutcracker

When I knew I wanted to be a mom and have kids, I had no idea that there would be these moments when I could watch life through their eyes.  When you get to see them be in awe and amazed by the wonderment that unfolds in front of them.

I think this is why I get disappointed many times when I have these great expectations of how something will go down and then in the end, it is a temper tantrum or meltdown that sours the whole experience.  Hopefully, I've been doing better about setting realistic expectations.

I've been patiently waiting for over 4 years to take Sam to see The Nutcracker.  This is one of those things that I knew (HOPED!) she would love.  I couldn't wait for her to watch this magical performance with all the beautiful costumes, wonderful dancing, great music and bright colors, not to mention seeing all the kids that get to dance and participate in the show.

Each year, I'd hear about my friends who take their girls and I'd get impatient trying to find a kid-friendly version of The Nutcracker to get tickets to.   Finally, I couldn't wait any longer and had to do it!  We had to go!

Sam, at the ripe old age of 4, has now experienced The Nutcracker.  I love that I could do this with her.  We went with our good friends, Kelly and her girls.  Everything about the day was perfect!  SAM WAS PERFECT!  We went to lunch beforehand and then headed over to the theatre for the performance.

It was so heartwarming for me watching Sam watch the stage.  Her eyes never moved once from the dancers.  She was mesmerized by the performance.  What a great afternoon.

The icing on the cake?  Sam telling me she had to go to the bathroom.  We made it in time (despite the bathroom not being anywhere close to where we were sitting) and once there, Sam pooped!


All smiles!  That's the way I like to see her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment