Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Apple picking!

Growing up we never went apple picking.  Any kind of pick-your-own apples/berries/what have you was an activity we just didn't do.  Not sure why, it just never happened.  It wasn't until I moved to this area and started having kids that my friend Stephanie introduced me to apple picking in the Fall and blueberry picking at the start of the summer.  From the first time I took Ian when he was a year old, I loved it.  Picking apples directly from the tree has to be one of the coolest things ever.

Over the years I've managed to keep apple picking a recurring event we do each Fall.  I've come to the unfortunate realization that the kids and Jeff don't love it as much as I do.  They tolerate it.  Some years more peacefully than others.  Ian says he'd prefer to go apple picking every 2 years.  He thinks going yearly is a little too much.  Sam enjoys the 'picking' part but doesn't enjoy the 'going' part. 

I plan for us to keep coming back each year.  It is my hope that years from now the kids will look back on our apple picking excursions with fondness and realize how special it is.  They just don't know it yet. :)  For the third year in a row we've gone apple picking with the same family.  It certainly helps for the kids to have friends with them.







No matter how much Sam doesn't want a family picture taken,
I will still get the shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment