Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Made by Ian

Ian asked if he cold make us dinner.  Oh yeah!  I asked Ian what he wanted to make.  Chicken meatballs, spaghetti and broccoli was his answer.  I reassured Ian if he needed any help I'd be nearby.  I gave Ian my recipe for meatballs and let him call the shots.  When all was said and done, I maybe assisted with 5% of the total preparation.  Ian did it on his own.  I am very proud of him. 
 
The cutest part was when Ian was heating the spaghetti sauce and decided to give it more flavor.  He cut up an onion, sprinkled in oregano, and then wanted to give it a "hint" (his words) of green bell pepper.   It was very yummy.

As Ian was cooking dinner and I was in the kitchen nearby to answer questions, Jeff tells me to turn the tv to channel to 232.  The broadway show turned movie "Rent" was on.  Without missing a beat, Ian starts signing along.  No, he hasn't seen the show or the movie.  But he certainly has heard the music enough in the car when I am behind the wheel.  I feel like my work here is done. :)


You can see Ian's 'hint' of green bell pepper.  :)
As we were eating I jokingly asked Ian what he plans to make next week.  He said he may do this again next month!  I think it was a bit overwhelming for him to be juggling the additions to the sauce he wanted to do, getting the pasta boiled and needing to take the meatballs out of the oven when it was time.  Ian did say he will try quesadillas next time.

Gosh, I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment