Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Heard and Observed #49

In Orlando when the kids were with my parents during part of their summer break:

Sam is in the shower and my mom is helping her with her hair.

Sam:  You don't need to worry about the back of my head.

Mom-Mom:  Why do I not need to put shampoo back there?

Sam:  Because I don't see that part of my head.

Ha! My mom quickly set her straight about that. :)

*******************************************************************************

At the beginning of August, Ian gets home from being away for 5 weeks and is eager to talk to his friend from school.  Mind you, this is a pretty close friend of Ian's.  He calls Johnny up and this is the conversation I overhear:

Ian:  Hi Johnny......

I am presuming Johnny is saying "Hi" back.

Ian: I just want to say we are about to start a new school year and it will be a new start for you.  I'm sorry that I wasn't with you much last year.  You see, Jimmy was at the top of being popular and you were at the bottom.  But it can change this year.  It will be a new start.

(UGH!! This is probably Ian's way of saying he is sorry -- which makes me wonder for what exactly..did he ignore his good friend once he got to know Jimmy better???   Overhearing this conversation made me CRINGE!!!   As soon as Ian got off the phone I spoke with him about how that would be for him to hear if a friend said that to him.  And we had a much needed conversation about friendships.)

*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment