Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

11 years ago today...something fantastic happened.

This is my most favorite picture taken of Jeff and me this past year.  It was right before we went on the zip lining canopy tour during our weekend away this summer.   We didn't know what to expect; would it be scary?  Exciting?  A huge adrenaline rush?  Would we regret signing up?  Would we instantly love it and want to go again?

So many of these emotions are similar to marriage.  Jeff and I had never been married before.  We may have had ideas on what marriage was like, but until you are in it yourself, you could never really know. 

Today marks 11 years being married to Jeff.  I am continually in awe that, just like the zip lining, I took a leap off the platform and have loved every bit of it.  The best part, in my opinion?  Being part of a team.  Having someone by your side to experience all the good and bad days with you. I can't imagine having anyone else go through this crazy ride with me. 

Jeff jokes that we have nothing in common (other than sea salted caramel flavoring).  We don't like the same kind of books, we don't like the same kind of movies or television shows.  And I'm not into sports like he is.  He doesn't care for the beach and I love it.  Really, it's quite humorous how much our tastes are very different.   However, I would say that these opposites work in our favor.  We have fun together trying new things and exploring new places.  We have each other's backs.  We want the best for each other. 

The best is when Jeff says I drive him crazy and he loves me.  Therefore, I can only equate the following to be true....Jeff loves it when I drive him crazy.  See how good we are for one another?

Happy anniversary to a guy who makes me laugh every day.  I love how he makes me want to be the best wife/mother/friend I can be.  11 years today!  I love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment