Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tales from the dating crypt

Just when you think The Crazy Man can't get any crazier, surprise!   This story really takes the cake.

Back in August 2014, he was prescribed several sessions of physical therapy for some pain he was experiencing.  The doctor sent him to this one particular place that had a very well qualified PT who could assist him.  The Crazy Man did his 8 or so appointments but was not very happy with how social the physical therapist was.  Apparently she didn't keep her eyes on The Crazy Man the entire time he was doing his exercises.  Instead, she diverted her attention and was very friendly with the other physical therapists and patients in the office.  She chatted with them about her life and what was going on in their lives; typical friendly banter.

The Crazy Man was not pleased with how social "Kim" was.  In fact, he had me research the corporate office for the Physical Therapy place and get the name & number for the head person.  The Crazy Man spoke with a VP and got Kim in trouble. It was more than just a quick conversation.  The Crazy Man went to great lengths to ask a very long list of questions that he demanded answers. Here is the list:

If an appointment is scheduled at 12:30 is it acceptable the appointment begins at 12:40 due to the therapist still eating lunch?
 
·        I had to fill out forms; I don’t think the therapist read them.  If she did how would it have changed her treatment of me?  Did she use the information on them to help me?  If so, how did she change it?

·        Do you not provide an introduction to the company and the therapist on the first visit?  In my situation, they did not.

·        How long is a therapy appointment?  

·        Why are my exercises different in one office than another?  Specifically Burke, VA vs Annandale, VA.

·        If I am on a machine across the room from the therapist and she has 3 or 4 files in front of her that she is working on (which she did), is that okay that she is not right next to me?

·        If I am on a machine and she is talking to other clients and staff about their weekend plans, and happenings in the world and not paying attention to me is that okay?

·        If I am on a machine and she sets the timer and then ignores me because she is chit chatting and doesn’t hear the alarm go off, is that okay?

·        Is it okay that she talks with other staff members about nonprofessional non work issues?

·        On my 2nd visit I arrive to see my therapist and I was greeted with her saying I cannot see you today because I scheduled something else so you will see this other person.  Is that okay?  I made a specific appointment to see her.

·        She introduced me to a trainee on my first visit and asked me if it was okay that she worked with us too.  I said of course.  Is that okay that a trainee treats me?

       Why are my exercises different than other people in the gym?

      The VP was very nice and took everything The Crazy Man said very serious and got him the answers he was seeking.  Meanwhile, the sessions end and I feel this should be end of the story too.  But noooooooooo, there's more.  

     Fast forward to last week.  It's been 16 months since The Crazy Man made that call to the Corporate office.   The Crazy Man comes into my office and says, you think we can get Kim who I used to do physical therapy with on the phone?  I said, "Yes, I can easily find her phone number."   

     The Crazy Man:  I want to call her and ask her out to dinner.

     Me:  WHAT?????   Did I hear you correctly?  You want to ask her out?  Isn't this the same woman you got in trouble?

      The Crazy Man:  Yes, but I'm going to tell her that we won't talk business.  It will purely be social.  

    Me:  You've got to be kidding me!   THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!   Seriously?  

     The Crazy Man:  You think she has a problem with me?
   
     Me:  Yes!  I do!!  You called her corporate office and got her in trouble.  There is no way she is going to want to see you again, even for dinner.  That fish has swam away.  Find a new pond.  Put yourself in her position, would you want to see YOU again???

      The Crazy Man:  I guess your right.  Who can I call and ask for a 2nd opinion on this?   

     OMG!  I can't believe he thought this was ok.   Just when I thought he can't get any more crazy, he manages to surprise me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment