Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Feeling like Spiderman

Since September I've been working out with this great group of women.  It's boot camp style workouts and I go to the 5:30am classes, 3 times a week.  It's a wonderful environment and I'm continually pushed beyond my comfort zone to do more than I imagined was possible.  I love the feeling of being inspired, empowered, and stronger when I leave the class.  Heck, it's only 6:30am at this point and I still have the whole day ahead of me!

On Wednesday's class we did box jumps as part of our workout.  Out came this pretty big box.  We normally do the box jumps on the regular step-ups.  You can see them in the video.  This new box just made these jumps a lot higher.  OMG!  I had to give it a try and see if I could do it.  And I could!!  It was awesome.  Karen and I traded off doing the jumps on the box in each of our sets. I was able to keep her pace the entire time!  4 rounds of 40 seconds, plus 2 rounds of 20 seconds.  What an amazing feeling to be able to accomplish this.




I left the gym feeling like I was on top of the world!  Doing something for me, that makes me healthier, stronger, and a bit more bad-ass is a pretty powerful way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment