Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Heard and Observed #57

Something happened a few weeks ago that I desperately wish I had kept my big mouth shut until I got my camera and took a picture.  But nooooooooooooooooooo, I had to say something and ruin a perfectly good Kodak moment.  One of those pictures that you would look back on for years and still get a good chuckle.

Here's what I missed out taking a picture of and can only describe to the best of my ability:  During a recent Saturday morning, we were getting ready to go to services at our synagogue. Ian came downstairs wearing his dress shirt inside-out.  Now, he regularly puts on his t-shirts backwards and doesn't realize it.  We are used to this and for some reason, it happens more than not.  But this particular shirt Ian put on inside-out was an amazing act of indifference and obliviousness on his part.  Why?  Because he somehow managed to button all the buttons going down the front of the shirt!  Crazy, right?  This is where a picture would be worth a 1,000 words. 

How in the world was he able to button his shirt like that??   Jeff and I each first saw Ian dressed at the same time. Jeff immediately went over to Ian to help fix his collar, which was all tucked in.  I instantly looked at Ian and made a comment questioning why the strip of material that has the buttons down the front wasn't laying flat.  Once we realized what Ian had done, we burst out laughing.  I tried to get to my camera, but wasn't fast enough before Ian ran back up stairs to correct his shirt.

It was the most bizarre looking thing you'd ever seen.  Next time (I'm sure there will be one!  Ian is only 10 years old), I will have learned my lesson and go for the camera first.

No comments:

Post a Comment