Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

70 Candles on the cake.

So I messed up. Big-time.  A few months ago, I said I was coming down for my dad's birthday.  He is turning 70 and it's sort of a big deal.  Back when I made my intentions known, dad kept saying nothing is being planned and there won't be a party.  I said, it doesn't matter, I'll be there.  I didn't press the issue with Jeff and the kids and made the decision that they could stay home rather than spend the money and miss all the activities we already had on the calendar.

A few days before the big weekend, I woke up and decided I'd take Ian with me. SOL testing was done for him and it wouldn't be a big deal for him to miss school on Friday afternoon and all of Monday. Furthermore, we had enough Jet Blue points to cover the cost of a ticket.   I should've insisted that Jeff and Sam join us.  The birthday celebration turned into something spectacular, complete with a fabulous party on Saturday night and a brunch the next morning.  All of Team Toppall should've been there.  Next time I will do better.

The whole weekend was wonderful and filled with family.  Ian and I had a great time.  I always go back to this one sentence:  I adore my family.  I absolutely love spending time with them and can't imagine not being a part of every celebration, milestone or birthday celebration.  Being with my sisters, dad/rita, mom/jim, neice, and brother-in-law has the ability to make an ordinary day extraordinary.   I can tell that Ian feels the same way and truly values spending time with the family.  He gets just as much enjoyment from it as I do.  We kept Ian's last minute travel plans to join me a secret from dad.  Ian was so excited to surprise Papa.  It was the coolest moment ever when my dad's face lit up seeing Ian standing in his kitchen. 

Rachel stuck to Ian like super glue.  She couldn't get enough of him.  It was super cute watching the two of them together.    Meghan and her boyfriend Bradley spent Sunday with Ian bowling and then I joined them for go-karting.  So much fun!

Surprise!  Ian is here!!

Chilling at the pool at my dad and Rita's house

Besties

The whole gang, plus a cousin or two.

Fun at the Fun Spot!

Love.

Picking Rachel up from day care before we went to the airport


No comments:

Post a Comment