Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Roar.

 When you mess with one of my kids, be on notice that I am going to speak-up.  Take note now that I will do what I need to and protect my children.  

So without going into too many details, my Mama Bear has come out in full force and I am roaring.  Fortunately the assistant principal at our elementary school is taking the situation seriously, inquiring and find out everything they need to.

But here's the thing that stings.  Ian doesn't want to fight this fight.  He'd rather I never knew what was going on and just let everything stay status quo.  Ugh!  This pains me.  I hate that standing up for himself doesn't come naturally to Ian.  I hate that there is a pretty strong chance he will never tell me anything ever again now.    And I hate that my son has the biggest heart ever, is the best friend to everyone, goes out of his way to be fair and in return, gets treated like shit. 

I hate, hate, hate standing on the sidelines and not being able to do more.  Believe me, I've done plenty already, but when it comes to my children, I don't mess around.  Messing with them, means messing with me.  And even though Ian doesn't want to bring attention to an injustice, doesn't mean I will keep quiet. 

So I just pray that Ian understands I am doing my job as his mom.  I hope he knows he can still come talk to me and tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I hope he realizes that there are some fights worth fighting for.  And I hope he gets it that you have to stand up for yourself. 

If there was an option to keep my kids wrapped up in bubble wrap to protect them from life sometimes being harsh, I'd be the first in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment