Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Road trip ready!

Jeff has accurately observed that I am happiest when traveling.  And if I can't be traveling somewhere, the next best thing for me is planning a trip.  Until he said this out loud, I hadn't realized just how excited and fulfilled it makes me to have an adventure.  Any kind of adventure!  Whether its to my hometown of Orlando and getting to see my family (a trip I've done a thousand times over the last 27 years), showing the kids NYC (one of my most favorite places on Earth) or exploring a new country I've never been to, there is not one aspect of the travel process I don't totally embrace or get excited about.

I think this is why I love our Summers so much.  I try to mix it up and show the kids as many different environments as possible, while trying to stay within a reasonable budget and realistic logistics/expectations.   While I would love to have our bags packed for all 8 weeks and travel the world the whole time, I know that we don't have the money or parental support to do this (Jeff does need to work!).

One of the trips we are taking in July is a 10 day road trip to Massachusetts.  We had a fortunate windfall when my dad said to book something, anything with his RCI points that were going to expire.  Jeff and I finally agreed on a week in the Berkshires.  We've super sized this trip a bit by adding 2 days in Boston and a day trip to Plymouth before starting our 7 days in a town near Pittsfield.

We aren't this bad yet when it comes to loading up the car, but we are close!

The last few weeks has been filled with discussing, planning, mapping out, and making reservations for our trip.  I love our plans!  We have so many fun things in the works.  Whitewater rafting, zip lining, aerial park (think ropes course), go-karting (of course!), and a mountain adventure park.  I almost can't believe its our family who is doing these type of activities.  We got lucky that the majority of the stuff we are doing requires a minimum age of 8 years old.  Whew!  We just made this cut-off with Samantha.  The more tame stuff includes Jeff and Ian attending a Boston Red Sox game, the Norman Rockwell Museum, the Boston duck tour, Boston Science Museum and an animation museum where you make a movie.  Oh and Jeff and Ian are doing a side trip to Cooperstown for the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Sam and I plan to have our own day of fun while they are gone and I've got something in works.

Bring on Summer...we are ready to go, go, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment