Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Radley for the Win!

I love GREAT customer service.  And I get so excited when it happens to me.  

A year ago when I did my England and Portugal trip with friends, we found ourselves shopping one afternoon in London (well, we found ourselves shopping lots of afternoons in London) and discovered a store that sells handbags.  Really nice handbags.  Radley London was the name of the store.  We had a ball in this store. I spent more money than I ever had on a purse before.  Actually, I spent more money on one item of clothing/shoes/purses/etc than I ever had before.  But I loved these bags and decided it was okay to treat myself.  Who knew when I'd have the opportunity to be back here again?  

I purchased two purses (one I'd use in the Spring/Summer and one I'd use in the Fall/Winter) and a wallet that went with both bags.  I was so excited!  I came home and instantly started using the pink one all the way until October. It still looked brand new after 6 months of use.  I switched to the navy blue bag and continued using it through Winter.  Unfortunately this bag started wearing in a way that didn't look good or make sense.  It was losing its color in a spot that didn't even come in contact with anything.  I didn't think anything of it until I realized that Jeff was going to London and would be just down the street from where I got the bag.  I thought maybe if I contacted them they'd say to send it to them for repair.  I could do one better and have Jeff hand deliver it to them!  

The only problem with my plan was Jeff had no intention of helping me out.  He refused to even consider for a moment the idea of finding this women's handbag store.  But now that I had the idea in my head, I decided to call them anyway.

The woman who answered the phone (Sarah) could not have been nicer!  She said to send her a picture of the bag and an image of the receipt via email.  Done!  The next thing I know I've got a reply back the very next morning apologizing for the delay (um, what delay!?!?) and to pick out anything on their website for the value I spent on the bag and they would ship it to me at no charge.  OMG!!  I felt like a kid in a candy store trying to figure out what I'd want to get.

I couldn't decide between two bags and when I added the price, it was just about what my original bag cost.  I replied back to the email and asked if that was ok.  I got an almost immediate response and said they would be shipping BOTH bags out to me as soon as possible. And they apologized again for the problems this has caused.  The very next day I received the tracking/shipping information on my bags.

Needless to say, Radley now has a customer for life.  I love the way they handled this.  I am very impressed.  Way to go!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment