Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

"My boy is wicked smart"*

I was not an "A" student.  Far from it.  School was not easy and always a struggle to keep my head above water.  This could've been in large part to attending a very competitive private school from 7th to 12th grade.  It was expected you went to a good college upon graduation and a very large percentage (possibly 70%) of my classmates went on to become lawyers. The other 29% became doctors. And then there was me.  :)

I've never felt as smart in my whole my life as I did on Monday, November 7th at 10:00am.  I had Ian's parent-teacher conference and I found out just how amazing my son is doing.  I'd like to take full credit for his brilliance, but I can not.  I married a very smart man.  Probably the smartest guy I'll ever know.  I am sure some (ok, maybe all) of Ian's intelligence is coming from his father, but for those 15 minutes sitting with Ian's teacher, she didn't know this.  And I looked smart. Very smart. 

I am so proud of my son.  He is a superstar.  I hope his enthusiasm for learning continues.  I can't wait to see what the years ahead have in store for him.

*quote taken from the movie, "Goodwill Hunting"

1 comment: