Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hip! Hip! Horray!

If anyone saw me on Monday, September 10th, they would've noticed how giddy I was.  Giddy with joy and happiness!  My idea for Ian to take the bus to school so Sam can get to her school on time has got to be one of the best ideas I ever had. 

The plan went so incredibly well that we were the first ones to arrive at Sam's school!  Can you believe it!?!?!  Personally, I was in shock when I pulled into the parking lot and didn't see any other parent cars had arrived yet to drop off their preschoolers.  Woweeeeee!!!!!!  We got there at 8:44am.  How amazing!!!!  I even have wiggle room of 15 minutes for traffic, weather, and the unexpected.

I was floating on a cloud all day long, with a big smile on my face.  I couldn't believe I came up with a solution that actually works.  Of course, Ian is riding around, taking a tour of Burke for 25 minutes each morning, but this is for the greater good.  I had to laugh when we were driving by one of the roads on the bus route and Ian pointed out all the stops and loops they make.  Thank G-d I have a son who is willing to help the family out and not complain. 

I am giving myself a major pat on the back for this one.  BEST. IDEA. EVER.  Fortunately, I thought this brilliance up before school started and not during the last week.  Knowing me, that would be more like it.  I want to do something nice for the guys at transportation who helped get me through the system as fast as they did, not once, but twice!  I am pretty sure they don't want to hear from me again.  Maybe I will write them a letter and put it on a happy looking note card so they know it is good mail and not another parent complaining...which I am sure they get plenty of.

It's going to be a good, good year!  Three cheers for making the mornings less stressful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment