Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I feel like the Summer flew by!  I can't believe we are starting another school year.  I am now the mother to a kid in 2nd grade.  OH MY GOSH!  When did that happen?!?!  Not that it makes me sound so old, but it makes my son sound so grown-up. (Don't ya just love that spin I put on it!??!)   2nd grade!!!  And Sam is in her last year of preschool.  Crazy, right?   I am not sure who is counting down the months until Sam is in Kindergarten more -- me (no longer shuffling back and forth to two different places, every day for the kids to get to school), Jeff (no longer paying for preschool - seriously, this easily equals a car payment each month!!), or Sam (the true definition of being a big girl!). 

Here is Ian on his first day of school - 2nd grade!





Riding the bus for the first time!!
I had to tell Ian not to make a run to get on as soon as
the bus arrived, so I could take his picture first.

Our back to school tradition - getting ice cream on the first day.

 
 
 
Sam started her new preschool on Monday.  I did a smart thing and brought her to the school one day last week for her to check it out.  Sam got to meet the teacher and take a tour of where she will be from 9:00am to 1:00pm, each weekday.  Unless of course, there is a Jewish holiday, its the eve of a Jewish holiday, an American holiday, a teacher workday, or something else that keeps her from going for the full 4 hours.
 
 
Here is Sam on her first day of school -- Pre-K!
 
All smiles and ready for Pre-K!
 
 
 
Ok, Mom...stop taking pictures and let's get to school!
 
 
A close up of the Tiara Sam picked out to wear on her first day.
 
 
 
In Sam's classroom...a picture of her from
when she was a baby and a current shot.

Sam and her friend, Ruby
 
 
Two very excited moms!!
 
 
Our Fall schedule looks something like this.  Yes, I will be spending quite a bit of time in my car.  If you need me, just call my cell.  :)
 
Sam has school Monday thru Friday from 9:00am to 1:00pm.  On most Thursdays, she'll be staying until 3:00pm.
 
Ian has school on Mondays from 9:05am to 1:15pm.  On Tuesdays thru Fridays, he is there from 9:05am to 3:45pm.
 
Sunday - Ian has religious school from 9:00am to 12:00pm
 
Monday - Ian has gymnastics from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
                Sam has gymnastics from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
 
Tuesday - Ian has religious school from 4:30pm to 6:15pm
 
Wednesday - Ian has gymnastics from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
                     Sam has dance class from 4:30pm to 5:00pm
 
Thursday - nothing after school
 
Friday - nothing after school
 
Saturday - Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!  No organized activities or sports!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment