Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Three Cheers for Graduation!

Hip, Hip, Hooray!  Hip, Hip, Hooray!  Hip, Hip, Hooray!   Sam is now officially done with preschool.  I am the mother to not one, but two preschool graduates.  I am pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find a mom more proud of her little girl on this momentous occasion.



It was a very exciting morning.  We had two sets of grandparents in attendance and Jeff was fortunately not on travel and could join us too. 



The teachers had taught the class several songs to sing and entertain us with.  Sam did a stellar job of singing louder than anyone else in her class.  A few attendees even remarked she stole the show.  That's my girl! 



A lot of people are sad when their youngest (or first, or only) is done with preschool.  But not me, I've been waiting for this day for 6 years - from when Ian started in the 2's class.  The only thing I am sad about is not seeing my preschool mommy friends.   There is a group of 5 of us and we have formed a very close and special bond over the years.  It will be hard to go each day and not see their smiling faces.  It will be hard to not have someone to vent to first thing in the morning.  And it will be hard to not have all our kids seamlessly be connected together.  It truly does take a village.   I guess we will have to meet more frequently at our fave place for margaritas.  And of course, we have our infamous text conversation that will continue.   Fortunately, we will all be in religious school together.  Uh, I mean, the KIDS will all be in religious school together.

Sam is now officially a kindergartner.  It's so very exciting.  Two kids in the same school, for the same hours each day -- wow, I feel like I won the lottery.


Outfit - designed completely by Sam.  This girl's got style!


No comments:

Post a Comment