Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

And....he's back!

It was a very long 4 days not hearing from Ian.  I was glued to my computer each morning, eagerly (and obnoxiously) checking for the newsletter and photos that were taken of the kids from the day before.  Boy, did I miss that kid.  The photos all looked like he was having a blast. But hearing from him "I'm ok." would've been worth millions to me.

As mentioned previously, we were able to send emails, but no return communication could be given.  Kudos to my family and Jeff's for going above and beyond on writing to Ian.  He said he received more email than all the other campers in his bunk combined!  

Finally, Friday afternoon came and it was time to go meet his bus.  I picked Sam up from camp early and we got to the meeting spot a good 10 minutes before necessary -- you know, just in case.  Unfortunately, the bus was more than 30 minutes late (it was supposed to arrive between 3:00 to 3:30pm and didn't show up until close to 4:00pm).  Each minute waiting felt like an hour. 

Sam entertained herself playing with my sunroof.

I've never been so happy to see a bus pull up. 
Here comes the bus!


Ian getting off the bus.



As I am hugging Ian and giving him lots of kisses, he says to me, "Can I have control of the tv for the rest of the day?"   Yes, Ian, Yes!  Of course you can.

Sam:  NO WAY!  I WANT THE TV TOO!  I haven't had it all day.  I've been stuck at camp.  That's not fair to let Ian have it the rest of the day.

Me:  Sam, let's remember we missed Ian and want to welcome him home.

Sam:  I DIDN'T MISS HIM!  I DIDN'T MISS HIM AT ALL!

Yes, that's what went down in the parking lot.  Moments after getting to see Ian again.  Lovely.  Everything is back to normal.

Stay tuned for Ian's thoughts about sleepaway camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment