Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Book club love

Every now and then a moment comes along that lets you know you have some pretty darn amazing friends.  Friends who value your friendship as much as you do theirs.  Friends who become like a second family when none of yours live within the same state.

I am crazy in love with my friends.  I've been blessed with more friends than a reasonable person should have, but there's no stopping me.  Each friendship is very special and very important to me. I was reminded yet again how wonderful a group of my friends are earlier this month.

I had dropped out of book club over a year ago.  While I love to read and enjoy talking about the books (especially the good ones), it was becoming one more thing in my busy life.  When I stopped looking forward to the meetings each month, I knew I needed to make some changes.  Replies to my farewell "I'm dropping out" email made me feel good and I knew I'd always be welcomed back should I ever need a book club fix.  This month book club was meeting at a house not too far from where I live.  I long lost track of the schedule and had no idea who was hosting when.  Early Monday morning I received a text from the person hosting letting me know that book club was that night at her house, up the street.  She was inviting me to come by.  A few hours later, I met up with another friend for lunch with our kids and she encouraged me to come to book club that night.  Both friends followed up later in the day with another round of text messages continuing to let me know I should come.  And lastly, as I walking in the door of the house where book club was, a third friend was calling me on my cell phone.  She was telling me that book club was just up the street and she was picking me up to go with her.  She wasn't taking no for answer.  Ha!  Wow, can you just feel the love?  Because I can.

I was so touched by all this.  It made an ordinary day become extraordinary.  And after 2 full days stuck indoors with the kids because of the weather, a girls night was just what the doctor ordered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment