Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Prime time!

I've been a huge fan of Amazon since the website was only selling books.  Remember those days?  Now that Amazon has expanded their store, it is my first stop for all things you buy online.  They have wonderful customer service, very competitive pricing and fantastic return policy.  Plus, you can shop while wearing your pajamas.  What's not to love?

I knew about Amazon Prime but never felt the need to spend the $80 annual fee for the privilege of what it can do for you.  Mind you, I never did pay for shipping to begin with.  I always easily had $25 in products I wanted to order (or could add to it with things I was bound to get anyway) and that alone gave me free shipping.  And I never really needed my stuff to arrive within 48 hours.  I felt like the regular shipping speed was plenty fast enough. 

About 6 weeks ago, I was finalizing a purchase on Amazon and somehow I inadvertently ended up with the free 30 day trial to try Amazon Prime.  I still don't know how this happened, because many, many times before when I was offered it upon checkout, I could decline and it was never an issue.  Looking back, I am pretty sure that I was snookered into the trial.  I don't think Amazon was going to let me continue being a loyal customer without trying Prime.  Whatever the case, I let it slide and decided to see what the hoopla was all about.  I think just about every friend I have uses Amazon Prime and raves about it.

Can I say that Amazon is a genius?  They certainly got me to change my mind.  In those 30 days of using the trial for Prime, I've become addicted.  I took my completely adequate amount of shopping on Amazon to crazy new heights.  Yowzer!  I can't stop!!!  After only one week, I told Jeff when the charge for Amazon Prime hits our credit card at the end of the month, its ok and totally worth it.  I can't stop ordering things!

Example - Ian comes in to our room one night and says he would like some slippers.  Before he could turn around and leave the room, I had them picked out and ordered.  You want slippers?  Bam!  You got slippers!  They'll be here in 2 days!!

Jeff's cell phone case broke.  You want a new cell phone case?  Bam!  You got a new one!  It will be here in 2 days!!

I was raking leaves one Saturday afternoon and ran out of leaf bags.  I need more leaf bags?  Bam!  I got more leaf bags!  They'll be here in 2 days!!  Oh, and while I was on the website, I couldn't help but also get some awesome gadgets to help with raking.  Because you know, they were in the same listing as the leaf bags.  Like I said, Amazon is brilliant!

This is just the beginning.  I am very embarrassed to let you know the full extent of everything I am ordering.  It is going to have to stay on the down-low between me and my delivery man. 

Amazon knew what they were doing when they made me sign up for the 30 day trial.  Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment