Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Meeting Rachel

 
My first attempt at meeting my new niece didn't go so well.  Sam and I flew to Orlando a good week after my sister's due date and she hadn't had the baby yet.  And despite being admitted to the hospital to be induced while Sam and I were still in town didn't produce the desired results either.  We flew back to NoVa on November 11th and Lori had the baby on the afternoon of the 13th. 

It was a long 5 weeks until I was back in Florida and could meet my niece.  We had skyped a bunch during the separation, but it wasn't the same.  Oh how I wanted to see her up close and get to hold her.  Finally, Saturday, December 21st arrived and it was time.  Rachel was worth the wait.  She is gorgeous!  Rachel is laid back, easy going and very content to let you hold her.  In fact, as long as she is in your arms, she is one happy little girl and stares at you endlessly, memorizing your face. 






To Lori and Ben's credit they are the not the typical first time parents.  They are very cool about Ian and Sam being near Rachel and will let her hold her without them holding their breath watching with worry.  I am impressed!

It was love at first sight for all of us.  Simply put, she is yummy.  You can't help but want to hold her and not put her down, like ever.  The kids and I can't get enough of her.  It is already hard for me to be living away from the family, it is going to be even harder being away from Rachel.  Babies grow and change so quickly.  I am going to have to make sure I have lots of trips to Orlando planned.





Lori and Ben planned the Baby Naming (Jewish ceremony where the baby is given their Hebrew name) for when we were going to be in town.  It was a beautiful party.




Lori and Ben gave the grandparents and Aunts a part in the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment