Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's time for a tale from the crypt

I know its been awhile since I've reported on my encounters with The Crazy Man.  He is crazier than ever, but I think part of me is getting very used to him.  When I can anticipate some of the calls, letters or research I'll be doing, I know I've been working for him for a long time.  It will be two years in January!

Here's a little gem that happened about 2 weeks ago.  I still chuckle at the thought of it.  All names used in this story have been changed. 

A little background:  When you call The Crazy Man's primary care doctor and hit "0", Jose is most likely the person who answers.  I am not exactly sure what he does at the doctors office, but The Crazy Man thinks the world of Jose.  Now the nurse who is actually able to answer questions specific to The Crazy Man's situation is not such a valuable asset to The Crazy Man.  He feels that she is too young to be knowledgeable.  I, however love her because she takes our phone calls and gets back to us promptly.  This customer service is HUGE in my book.  A lot of the doctors offices we deal with (and believe me, we deal with MANY!) don't have nurses that take our calls.

The Crazy Man:  I need to you to call Jose at Dr. X's office.  Ask him which foot has the fungus on it.  I don't remember.

Me:  (WHAT!?!?!?!  How in the world do you not know which foot has the problem with fungus?  And, ewwwwwww by the way.)  Um, ok.  I will find out.

The Crazy Man:  Dr. X diagnosed me with the foot fungus on my last visit.  Ask them if it is the left or right foot.  Make sure you speak to Jose. 

Me calling Dr. X, pressing "0" and Jose answering the line:  Hi Jose.

Jose:  Hi Robyn.  It's been awhile.  How are you?

Me:  I'm good, thank you. Do you have access to The Crazy Man's file?  Are you able to answer a specific question regarding his last visit?

Jose:  I can try.  What does The Crazy Man need?

Me:  He would like to know which foot has the fungus on it.

Jose:  (Once he finishes laughing starts to go through the electronic file.)  I see when he was here, but it doesn't say anything about his feet.  Let me put you through to Cindy (nurse). 

Me:  Thanks Jose.  That would be great.

Cindy:  Hi Robyn.

Me:  Hi!  Thanks for taking my phone call.  The Crazy Man would like to know which foot was diagnosed with the fungus.

Cindy:  (once she finishes laughing, she starts to go through the electronic file):  I'm sorry Robyn, it doesn't mention specifically which foot it is.

Me:  Ugh.  What in the world should I tell The Crazy Man?  He is not going to be happy with that as an answer.

Cindy:  Tell him that he should use the medication on both feet.  Tell him it is highly spreadable and he'll be better protected this way. (By the way, Cindy correctly assumed this is why The Crazy Man needed to know which foot it was.  I didn't find this out until later.)

Me:  Great answer Cindy. Thanks!

Me telling The Crazy Man:  The drs office said to use the medication on both feet because it is highly spreadable.

The Crazy Man:  Those stupid asses!!

Um, yeah, they're the stupid ones.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment