Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Magical, Part 2

Moving on to SATURDAY!

The day got started at 6:30am.  I have this wonderful group of women who I do the Race for the Cure 5k Breast Cancer walk each year.  We had shirts made with our team name (Committed.), we've added a breast cancer bracelet, necklace, earrings and a boa.  Each year, our list of bling gets a little longer.  Bright and early Saturday morning we came together to do the walk.  Gosh, I love these women.  I can't quite put into words what it means to have them in my life.  But its pretty wonderful.  After the walk was over, we had lunch at Busboy and Poets in Shirlington.  Everyone loved the restaurant choice.

A most lovely group of women.  Team Committed.

While I was busy doing the walk, Jeff was juggling the kids' activities.  He was in charge of Ian's flag football practice and two games which started at 8:15am and Sam's swim lesson which was at 11:00am.  There was a bit of an overlap with the kids having to be in two different places at the same time, but Jeff handled it like an expert.  The kids were in good hands and everyone got to where they needed to be.

By 12:30pm, we were all back at home.  Sam wanted to get her hair cut and she needed a new pair of sneakers.  I was back up at bat being a mom and took her for both.  When we walked into Kohls for Sam's sneakers, we immediately run into Heather and her entire family (including her mom/stepdad).  I think if I ever feel lonely, I will just walk into Kohls and wait until I see someone I know.  Crazy, right?


Sam got a very cool pair of sneakers and I scored a cute pair of shoes too.  In fact my shoe purchase has a crazy story to go with it, which I will share in another blog.

We had about an hour of downtime and got in the car to meet Jeff’s family at Café Deluxe.  We found rockstar parking (of course, right?) and had what I think was one of the best dining experiences in a restaurant ever with Jeff’s family.  We were there for 2 hours!!  And it didn’t feel like 2 hours.  The service was great, the food was tasty and it was just a fun evening hanging with Jeff’s parents, sister and nephew.  What a wonderful time we had.  It’s so funny to think back to the days when we’d have 40 minutes we could count on the kids being well behaved in a restaurant.  We would literally have to be seated, order, eat, and pay for the meal all within 40 minutes.  If any part of the process got delayed, you can forget about salvaging the meal.  I’m not thinking that we are out of the woods yet (who would normally be ok sitting still for 2 hours to eat one meal?), but this past Saturday evening it worked for us.  It was a lovely evening and a great time being with family.  

Saturday rocked!  And wait until you hear about Sunday….My dream Mother’s day.  Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment