Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Magical, Part 3


Wrapping it up with Sunday.

I got our grocery shopping done at Wegman’s while the kids went to religious school and Jeff had a religious school committee meeting.  We sprung the kids free after 1.5 hours and went to Choices by Shawn for brunch.  Boy, do I love this place.  They had an incredibly tasty Mother’s day brunch buffet, where 95% of the food was gluten-free.  Woo-hoo!!  We all enjoyed brunch very much and left there feeling content.  

The 3 people responsible for making me a mom.  :)

On the way home, Sam and I stopped at my local nail shop and we got our annual Mother/daughter pedicures.  The women all know Sam and even commented how cute it is we come in together each Mother’s day.  



We went home, changed our clothes and acquired one of Ian’s friends to hang with us.  We made our way to Great Falls for some hiking and rock climbing.  I was sure this was going to be the experience that had me push my luck.  Everything was going too well and attempting a return visit to Great Falls could easily bring us to not speaking to each other.  To my delight, the kids loved being there.  Even Jeff was doing a good job of tolerating it.  We hung out for 1.5 hours before heading back home.  




For dinner we invited the rest of our friend’s family to come over for pizza.  They had a party at their house the night before and still had a ton of food left over.  It was a yummy offering of caprese salad, green salad, fruit salad, tiramisu, and chocolate pie.  We got pizzas from Coal Fire.  Yum-O!

What a great ending to a GREAT day and an overall fantastic weekend.  There was no fighting, no meltdowns/temper tantrums, and no whining.  Everything fell into place.  We had a great mix of being social with family, friends, being productive (grass got cut, grocery shopping done, sneakers bought, haircut) and lots of fun mixed in.  I loved everything about our weekend.

Like I said, I am sure these 3 days were a fluke and it's all downhill from here.  Even optimistic me is admitting this streak can't continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment