Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Magical

When I woke up on Monday morning and thought back to my weekend (you know, the one that included Mother's day on Sunday), I couldn't believe I actually lived it and it wasn't just a dream.  I felt like I was floating above and watching this person (ME!) have the most fantastical weekend ever.  It just didn't feel real.  I never thought a weekend like this could happen.  I am pretty sure from Friday afternoon all the way to Sunday night was a fluke and will never be replicated again.  The Toppall Family has hit their peak and it will all be downhill from here on out.

I said to Jeff, "Do you think the awesome weekend we had is what its like for normal families?"  I am always optimistic and looking to the bright side that we will have a good time and get along, but even this weekend far exceeded my expectations.  Like I said, I am sure it was a fluke. 

You are probably by now sitting on the edge of your seat anxiously waiting to read what made this weekend amazing.  I will happily share what filled our days and of course give a photo or two.  There is too much to put in just one blog, so I will divide it by each day.

Let's start with FRIDAY!

You know you live in a small town....when you go into Kohl's to quickly pick-up a Nationals t-shirt for Ian and run into 4 different people you know within the 5 minutes you are in the store.  Yep, that's what happened at 2:00pm on Friday afternoon.  How fun to run into old and new friends.  You can't help but be put in a good mood when every time you turn around there is another friendly face.

After getting the kids from school, I had an appointment for a haircut.  I decided to go super short.  Like crazy short!


Yep, it's short.  Good for Summer. 

After the haircut, it was time for dinner.  Can you say home run?  I made a big salad, fresh baked challah and chocolate fondue (with strawberries, bananas, apples, pound cake, and marshmallows to dip in).  You couldn't help but have a smile on your face as your eating this deliciousness.  The kids love it when I make fondue.

We then took the kids and their bikes and went to the black top at their elementary school.  We needed a good amount of space on a flat surface where cars don't drive for Sam to learn to ride her bike without training wheels.  It was beyond time to take the plunge and get Sam rolling on two wheels.  Sam did great!  It was so exciting!

Here is video of her riding:

Please note:  I got the number of days wrong on how long until her birthday.  In the video I said it was 8 days until she turns 7.  It was actually 23 days. 

And the day isn't over yet.  In my effort to come up with a monthly activity for us to do as a family inside our house, I picked painting with watercolors.  Everyone was up for it.  We all took our time painting a picture and enjoyed sitting at the table together.  So great.

Ian's rainbow picture

Jeff's picture of a house with a spaceship crashing through the roof.






     
Look closely and you can see little green guys running out of the spaceship.

My picture

Sam's flower picture


What a Friday and wonderful start weekend.

 Stay tuned for Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment