Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

General Admission

Just a random post on a pet peeve:

Are there two worst words in the English language than "General Admission"?  Other than "Your Fired", I can't think of any.

Every time I see written on a ticket, "General Admission", my anxiety skyrockets.  Why, oh why do they have to do this to me?   I am very happy to pay more money for a guaranteed seat than elbowing my way thru a crowd when everyone gets to go in at the same time when the doors open.  I actually get nauseous at the thought of attending an event where I don't have an assigned seat.  It's the worst!

There have been too many occasions in recent years where I've bought tickets to events and had to sweat it out, hoping we could get good seats that would allow the kids to see and enjoy the performance.  Or, when there is a school event and you have to go hours beforehand to get a good seat to see your child perform.  It's exhausting and frustrating.

One of the best things to come of movie theatres and their renovations to the reclining chairs is reserved seating.  In my opinion it is well worth the extra $1.50 a ticket service fee to get a seat days in advance and know you are taken care of.  Furthermore, you can go to dinner or lunch beforehand and get to your movie theatre seat just moments before it is scheduled to begin.   Yay for reserved seating!

It would be great to start a movement to ban anything that has general admission seating.  But I have a feeling that it doesn't bother anyone else like it does me.  Or, maybe it does bother all Type A people?   Hmmm, I will have to take a poll and find out.

Ok, rambling post is now officially over.  Back to your regularly scheduled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment