Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Have passport, will travel

So if you are reading this, then it means I successfully made it on my trip.  I AM IN ENGLAND!!!  Oh my gawd, I can't believe I even just typed that line.  I am currently taking "Girl's weekend" to new heights! 

For 10 days, my two girlfriends and I are crossing over the pond to visit our friend Dawn, whose family relocated to England for 3 years.  Dawn is the one I traveled to Israel with 2 years ago.  This trip has been in the works for so many months.  I never thought the day would finally come. 

We are spending 4 nights in London, 1 night with Dawn in her home (she lives about 45 minutes from London) and 4 nights in Portugal.  Why Portugal?  Because when you've traveled that far, we figured we should throw in another country to visit.  And none of us has been to Portugal before (including Dawn who is joining us for this part of the trip too).

We have some amazing plans and reservations booked. 

Highlights include:
-Tickets to see the Broadway show "Kinky Boots"
-Speed boat adventure sightseeing cruise (think 50 mph!) down the Thames.  They give you full rainwear and goggles to protect you from getting soaked.  
-High tea at Fortnum and Mason,
-Reservations to eat at this restaurant called "Circus" where they do acrobatic acts all around you from the ceiling.  Freaky, right? 

Plus, we are doing Cambridge, Cotsworld, and all the usual sights in London (Westminster Abbey, Changing of the Guard, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, etc).  

In Portugal, we are spending a day at the spa.  Dawn helped make our reservations.  It's going to be quite interesting to see what we end up with as there were some major communication issues.

Dawn: I see on your website that you have a package for two people.  Can we get a package for 4 people?
Lady at the spa:  Oh honey, if you want romance for 4, you need to take that to a hotel.  We only do romance package for 2 here.

hahahahaha!  Once Dawn stopped laughing, she explained that romance wasn't something we were looking for, but to book us for other things.  There has been talk that we are signed up for 4 handed massages.  Oh my!  I am little freaked out at the thought of having to relax while trying to keep track of so many hands touching me at the same time.  

I still can't believe I was able to make this trip happen.  And I am equally in shock that my fellow mommy friends, Susanne and Anna are coming too.  This trip is going to EPIC! I don't normally get to live such a glamorous life.  I already have a feeling it will be hard to go back to my normal routine once we return.


No comments:

Post a Comment