Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Ian's no-good, very scary, not funny practical joke

Imagine you are 9 years old, home by yourself, at night, and it's dark outside.  Now imagine that after being home for about 1.5 hours, you start to hear voices come from your bedroom.  Men's voices.  And imagine, you are downstairs, not near your room and can't really make out what the voices are saying, just that there is definitely voices and its coming from your bedroom.

This exact scenario happened to Samantha the other night.  Unbeknownst to Jeff and me, Ian set her Alexa to start playing the "Hamilton" soundtrack at 8:00pm.  Can I just say I would've been creeped out at my age, let alone only 9 years old.

When I heard what happened, I felt so bad for Sam.  And I was very upset with Ian.  This was so not cool of him. 

Apparently Sam got even.  When she got confirmation that it was Ian behind this so-called joke and not the boogeyman, she went into action.  Very quickly, Sam went into Ian's bedroom and took a bunch of his stuff and hid it around the house.  She wasted no time knowing that Ian and Jeff could be home any minute.  Unfortunately for Ian (but for fortunate for Sam), she couldn't remember where she put some of his stuff, including his iPad.  Ha!  I got a call to remotely activate from my iPhone an alarm on his iPad so it would make a sound and they could locate it. 

I am not sure if Sam managed to level the playing field, but I give her mad props to being creative under pressure and do what she could, given what she had to work with.

Needless to say, Ian will not being doing this again to his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment