Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2018

The end of crazy

I wake up each day with a sense of freedom that I haven't had in a very long time.  My part-time job with The Crazy Man has dwindled down next to almost nothing.  He has moved to his new place; a retirement community in Chevy Chase, MD.  This is a good thing.  However, he has abandoned his house he was living in and there is still a ton of crap all over the place that needs to be discarded.  It's either old furniture he no longer wants, or filing cabinets filled with old files, or shelves that hold a whole wall of books, or closets full of all kinds of clothing.  Its not pretty what this house looks like. So that is not a good thing. 

The realtor can't begin renovations to get it ready to sell until everything is gone.  Meanwhile, The Crazy Man is paying both a mortgage and a HUGE monthly fee to live in this posh community.  This is going to pose a pretty big problem for him sooner rather than later because he really needs the proceeds from the sale of the house to afford him the new place.  Not only does he not have enough money to keep this going for much longer, but his ability to check his balance on his bank accounts is not so easy for him to do anymore since I stopped working for him and gave him timely updates on what funds he has available. Again, not a good thing.

Randomly I'll get a call or two from someone he has hired to work for him looking for something specific. It's an easy question for me to answer and then I'm done.  I am intrigued by this because the person who calls me has a strong accent and I know for a fact The Crazy Man can't deal with people who don't speak English as a first language.

There are many more idiosyncrasies going on, but honestly, its exhausting to think about.  I do know I set up the appointment for Verizon to install his new phone, tv, and Internet, plus forward his new number to the people who call his old number.   He missed being there for the appointment and Verizon left.  The reason The Crazy Man missed the appointment?  Because he was busy visiting 3 different ERs and hospitals that week.  OY!  It only gets better when he calls Verizon to reschedule the missed appointment and the whole order is replicated as a new one.  There is now a completely new phone number assigned and no new number is being forwarded.  What a mess!  But you know what?  It's not my mess.

There is a weird void in my day and I often find myself wondering what new trouble he is getting in to and what off-the-wall stuff he has someone doing on his behalf.  I certainly don't miss working for him, but I have to think I have a bit of PTSD after 6 long years of visiting his brand of crazy.  It's a weird feeling to know that I am done.  I really never thought I'd see the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment