Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

New milestone.

Ian is in full Bar/Bat Mitzvah partying mode.  On average he is going to one every other weekend.  The majority of them Jeff and I are not invited to and we do a drop-off and pick-up for Ian.  Each party has its own uniqueness to it. 

This past weekend he attended one that was kids only and they turned the community center into a big dance environment, complete with DJ, loud music, and neon, strobe lights.  The DJ has an assistant or two and they orchestrate games, dancing, and lots of activities to keep the kids entertained. 

I picked Ian up and asked him if they played any slow songs for the kids to dance to.  Ian said "Yes."  Of course my next question was "Did you dance with anyone?"  Ian said "Yes" again.  You can see where this is going...I had to ask "Who did you dance with?".  Ian said it was with the Bat Mitzvah girl herself.  From the information Ian shared with me, all her friends came running to Ian and said, "You are going to dance with Andie, right?"  So Ian said yes. While Ian was dancing with her (only one other boy was dancing with a girl), all Andie's friends were circling around them taking video with their cellphones. 

Oh my gosh.  How cute is this??  One can only assume that Andie must really like Ian.  Aw.  I asked Ian if this was the first time he had ever danced with a girl and he said yes.  This was a milestone moment for Ian. 

I am begging Ian for someone to text the video they took of Ian and Andie dancing  Which by the way, went on for 3 songs!!!  Ian isn't going to any great trouble to get it to me.  Of course not, but I can hope.  I am just impressed that Ian even told me as much information as he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment