Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fly no more

That's it. I am done. All done. I consider myself to be fearless and willing to go where most individuals would dare not attempt, but I've officially found a brick wall that is too challenging to climb. No more flying with me and the kids for a very long time. A very, very long time. I don't want to fly again until I can have a two-way conversation with Samantha and be able to have her understand the bribes I am more than willing to throw her way.

During the Summer season to the beginning of the new year, I generally make 3 trips to Orlando to visit family. We'll go for a few weeks during the summer, come back for the Thanksgiving holiday and go back a third time to spend Ian's Winter break from preschool (the weeks of Christmas and New Years).

I've always had my work cut out for me when flying with Ian. But he has since become the golden boy and does incredibly well flying. I even temporarily misplaced the iPod Touch and he went the whole 2 hour flight without any electronic entertainment. And I know he was so looking forward to watching the CARS movie for the 100th time. Wow is all I can say for how far he has come.

What has really done in me in is Sam. She is a screaming, crying mess. It doesn't make sense. It can't be her ears because the screaming starts well before we even start pulling away from the gate. By the time we land at our destination, she has screamed for a good 1.5 hours out of a possible 2. It's bad. Really bad. Jeff and I even spaced ourselves and each took a kid to a different row. At least on this flight everyone was understanding and even came up to us afterwards and apologized for what we went through.

Until she outgrows this and I can get her to tell me what is going on in her pretty little head, I have no desire to go to Florida. I will be happy being grounded for the next year or so. Jeff thinks that by Thanksgiving 2010 we will be able to make a return trip. Right now that feels like way too soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'd day it's time for some of the fam. to come YOUR way. Traveling with toddlers is no fun, even if they can/do behave. It's a lot of schleping and hard work.

    ReplyDelete