Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's the little things

giving the kids their bath each night, de-icing my car during Winter when he is leaving for work and I still have no place to be for a few hours, running downstairs most nights to get me that last drink or snack while I am already in bed, unloading the dishwasher, no longer wearing socks 'straight-up', taking out never-ending bags of trash, thanking me for making dinner each night, filling up my car with gas every time he drives it, making sure my wallet always has some cash in it, being extra quiet in the morning when he is getting ready for work and I am still sleeping, alternating who will wake-up with the kids on weekend mornings, worrying we never have enough milk in the house for the kids and making special trips to the grocery store, thinking 2 steps ahead with logistics, re-stocking the diaper bag before an outing, doing his own laundry, for calling from the store and asking if there is anything else we need, for trying so hard not to laugh when he doesn't find me funny and fails miserably at this, for knowing when it's been an especially long day and saying 'let's go out to dinner', giving up wearing pants with pleats, offering to make me something to eat whenever I say I am hungry, cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming my car....

For this and so many million other reasons, I love him dearly and so incredibly grateful that we met 7 years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment