Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Buckle your seat belts people, it will be a bumpy ride!!

We haven't flown with the kids in over a year. On purpose. Hard to believe we've been successful this long.  Our track record is coming to an end and this morning, we will be traumatizing the flight crew and passengers of a USAirways flight out of Washington, DC Reagan Airport, making our way to Orlando.

I am trying hard to not be all doom and gloom.  I am sure everything will be fine and the kids will do great.  In reality, it's really Samantha.  The last 2 roundtrips Ian was perfect and I even commented I would fly across country if need be.  My fingers (and toes) are crossed that in the past 13 months, Sam has matured some (her age doubled!), she understands more, can communicate better, and we will make sure her BFF (and ours!) is on the flight and fully charged -- the iTouch.  Plus, as an added measure of insurance, I purchased a sticker princess dress-up book that I think she will drool over.  She hasn't seen this new book yet and it will get unveiled during the flight.  Sam LOVES stickers and all things princesses, so I am putting a lot of eggs in this one basket that this book does the trick and gets us to our destination in peace; or at least without everyone knowing who we are by the time the plane lands.

My 3 goals when flying with the kids is still the same:

1. Do nothing that causes us to get on the 6:00pm news
2. Do nothing that causes an emergency landing
3. Do nothing that gets us kicked off the plane

Hopefully by the time you are reading this, we will be in Florida and all is well. 

We've got a wonderful trip planned and I am very excited to get started.  Within the bigger trip, is a 3 night excursion to Mexico for Jeff & Me, with the kids being watched by the fabulous duo of Lori/Ben and my Mom/Jim. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  We have so much to be thankful for.  I am grateful for having married a wonderful man and having his family come in to my life.  They are all amazing people who from day one, always made me feel like I was part of their family.  I am grateful for my own parents, step-parents, siblings and brother-in-law who are the perfect combination of loving, funny, supportive and just a side of crazy.  I am so grateful for my Toppall team (Jeff, Ian and Sam).  10 years ago, I had no idea my life would be this fulfilling or filled with this much love.  We laugh, we cry, it was better than "Cats".  And last, but certainly not least, to all my friends who I am so fortunate to have from all stages of growing up (childhood, school, work, mommy), it is such a blessing to have you in my life too.  To have a partner-in-crime and create wonderful memories is a reward I will always treasure.

Hope everyone takes a moment to realize what this holiday is about and gives thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment