Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Leave a message at the beep and I'll get back to you.

Sorry folks, I am on vacation and so is the blog, Mommy Meltdowns.  I will happily begin blogging again at the beginning of December. 

Did you really think I was going to keep this up while being away with the family?  Ok, I can see how you would think that, but noooooo I am taking a break.  I am sure this is going to come as a huge shock to most of you and relax, it's only temporary.

If you start going through withdrawal and really need a fix, might I suggest some classic entries from me over the past year --

This one's for you, Heather.  We are coming up on the one year anniversary.  Did you hear that Toys R Us is opening at 10:00pm on Thanksgiving this year?
"Not for the faint of heart"

What I like to think of as "The Incident"
"Longest two hours of my life"

And last but not least, an oldy but a goody:
"Only if you call it a trim"

Don't worry, there will be lots to discuss when I get back.  I never lack for new material.  :)

2 comments:

  1. but please tell us...how was the travel???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went surprisingly well. Jeff and I thought there would be a fight for a the window seat, but Ian said that if Sam wanted it, she could have it. However, Sam didn't know the window seat was a premium and happily sat in the middle seat in between Jeff (aisle) and Ian (window). I had the aisle seat right across their row. From take off until landing, the kids each used their iTouches and it was a beautiful thing. The only problem we encountered was about 10 minutes before landing. We were descending pretty quickly and it messed with Sam's ears. She started tugging her ear and screaming at the top of her lungs. We pulled out a lollipop, drink, cheez-its and tried to tell her to eat, drink, whatever to get her to start swallowing. None of it helped because she was in too much pain to listen to us. After 5 to 10 long minutes of this, she calmed down completely and the rest of the descent and landing went smoothly.
    Next time we will anticipate the drop in pressure and break out her absolute favorite fruit snacks. This should get her chewing (hopefully!).

    All in all, I think it will be ok flying with her on the way back. Who knows, I may even take the kids by myself again one day.

    ReplyDelete