Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bad Mother of the Year Award, Reason #20

A few months ago Ian started complaining that his feet hurt.  Naturally I thought it was his shoes and we promptly went to Stride Rite to get his feet measured.  Nope, his foot was the same size and his current pair of sneakers he had on didn't need to be upgraded. The visit of course, did result in Sam getting a new pair of sneakers, as we found out then and there that her foot had grown a size larger.  Since then, we have gone back to Stride Rite again, and Ian's foot finally grew.  Of course, Sam got another new pair of shoes during this visit too.

For several weeks Ian still continues to complain that his feet hurt.  At this point I am ready to make an appointment with a podiatrist to see what is wrong.  It was one morning as we are getting ready to leave the house that I notice the sock Ian is trying to get his foot into.  Finally the light bulb went off at the top of my head and I had a "Hallelujah!!" moment on what was going on.  I am always so careful to make sure Ian's clothes fit, his shoes fit, his underwear fits, his pajamas fit, his bathing suits fit, but I totally forgot about his socks fitting.  I can't even remember the last time I bought Ian the socks he was wearing, nor can I remember what age he was.  It has to have been years!! The poor guy was wearing socks about 3 sizes too small.  When I buy something (like underwear, socks, etc) I get it in bulk.  We will always easily have at least two dozen pairs to rotate through.  There is no risk of wearing them down and if we lose a pair or two, so be it.  Running out is never an issue.  I guess it never occurred to me that Ian's feet were getting much bigger than his socks.

See for yourself. 



Wow!  What a size difference.  No wonder Ian's feet hurt.
At least I am giving Ian plenty of material for therapy later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment